Deep cycle batteries are the indispensable element in several renewable energy systems that demand the storage of electricity. Such batteries are a type of lead-acid, which are engineered to be deeply discharged regularly by using most of the capacity. On the other hand, the starter battery such as most automotive ones is designed to render little bursts of high current for cranking the engine. That is why it gets discharged very frequently by using only a small part of its capacity.
As the battery is a crucial storage vessel for electricity, the whole system heavily relies on it. That is why a deep cycle battery is mainly designed to deliver a stable and steady amount of current over an extended period. Such type of cells provides a surge whenever needed. Moreover, a deep cycle battery gets discharged over and over again, which is why it uses thicker plates to get the job done.
All type of batteries can give a relatively constant source of energy when your photovoltaic system is unable to produce power or when the grid is down. Even though batteries are not considered sufficiently efficient and effective, they are the most stable and predictable way of acquiring energy that provides a reliable long-term service. Here is how you can maintain and care for a deep cycle battery.
How to Care for a Deep Cycle Battery
Boats are more dependent upon batteries now than they used to be before. In addition to their chief function of working as a source of energy for turning the starter motor and initiating the engines, such a type of battery can run a host of various accessories and other onboard appliances. Use the following tips for maintaining your boat’s battery so that they can endure and live for a longer period.
- Clean the case and terminals with the help of a paste that is made from baking soda to neutralize all the present acid over them.
- If the batteries are empty or have a small charge, fill up the cells of conventional batteries (flooded electrolyte) with distilled water. The reason behind using distilled water is that the tap water might have minerals that can be damaging for the battery and might have a deleterious or inimical effect on the internal plates. Also, finding distilled water is not that difficult; you can purchase it from local pharmacy shops.
- Furthermore, if you want to maintain the battery for a long time, make sure that the battery’s positive terminal is covered adequately. The simplest way to do so is by using a boot, which you can simply find at any retail shop. The purpose of using a boot is that it prevents arcing, sparks, and possible explosions if you ever mistakenly drop a tool on it or similar other things. That is why covering the positive terminal with a boot is recommendable, even if the battery is kept in a box with an overhead cover.
- It is a good idea to lightly and gently grease the posts of the battery terminal. Also, use a little amount of oil and not too much. If you use a lot of grease, it will increase resistance, which is harmful to the battery. Experts recommend dielectric grease for this situation as it is non-conductive.
- Another important thing is that you should mark the battery with either a nail polish or a grease pencil to record the date of installation. You can also keep a logbook for such recordings as the factory date labels on the battery don’t last in an engine room or even on a bilge.
- For the perfect security of your battery, you must tie it down tightly and correctly. You don’t want your battery to fall into the water after a few blows. It is better to keep it in a bracket or a box with the threaded road, which is tightly fixed with the help of nuts. Any security feature that can resist about seventy-five pounds of force is perfect for deep cycle batteries.
- If you’re using wing nuts on the terminals, swap them out with nyloc nuts. This type of nut will not easily come loose and will ensure a stable and robust connection. It is important because if you have loose connections, it will impair charging, increase resistance, and hinder output, which doesn’t sound so good for the boat.
- Also, you should charge batteries entirely i.e. to 13.4 volts if you have a flooded electrolyte and to 13 volts if you have absorbed glass mat (AGM) battery.
More General Battery Care Tips
- Always let your battery cool off after the charging process. Cooling down the battery is crucial since the heat is produced during the discharge and recharge cycles. If you don’t allow your battery to cool down, it will increase the heat, which will accelerate grid corrosion – a major reason of battery failure.
- Also remember that quick charging the battery between uses, also known as opportunity charging, is harmful to the battery life. It is not good for the battery as it eliminates the cooling time and as a result, it shortens the battery’s life. That’s why one charge cycle each day is preferable.
- Another important thing is that one should never charge a wet battery through a sealed battery charger (gel cell). The wet cell requires extremely high voltages to complete the charge, without which the cells become unable to come back to a full charge.
- Just like the above point, never charge a sealed battery (gel cell) with a charger for a wet battery. It might cause battery failure and dry it out as a wet battery charger generates high voltages.
- Never allow the level of the electrolyte in a wet battery go beyond the plates. If you don’t maintain it properly, it can cause cell damage or sulfation to the exposed part of the plate, which might reduce the battery’s capacity.
- Lastly, never store your battery in a discharged state either. The sulfate that is produced during the discharging time shouldn’t be disregarded for an extended period as it might allow severe sulfation to occur, which might make the battery impossible to recharge completely.
Golf cart possessors can do certain ordinary repairs. Amid the most general difficulties, we can name, failure to operate, battery breakdown in electric carts, and flat or worn-out tires. Have a word with your service manual. If you do not have a manual for your particular type or brand, you can get one through a dealer.
You Must Have These Items
- A service manual for your vehicle
- A wrench
- A hydrometer for testing batteries
- A socket, tire tool or a ratchet wrench
- A baking soda
- Some distilled water
- Goggles and acid-proof gloves
- A post cleaner
- A small floor jack for swapping tires
- A rubber patching kit, if you still own tube tires
If you possess an electric cart, habitually examine the batteries for any cracks in the container, for leaks or for any other damage. The stench of foul eggs is a signal of leakage and switching on the charging of a leaking battery could prove to be extremely dangerous.
- Make sure, the surface of the batteries is kept clean with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Don’t let strange elements get accumulated in the battery.
- Keep the place, surrounding the battery, tidy and dry.
- Check and wipe all battery cables and posts.
- Swap any tattered or cracked cables.
- Reconnect the cables.
- Cover terminals with a slim coat of petroleum jelly or battery terminal anti-corrosion gel.
- Sample the batteries by using a hydrometer to ensure they are correctly charged.
- If you decide to replace a battery, mount a new battery in the same place as the old one.
- Keep the battery away from all cables.
- The positive cable will always go in the positive terminal and the negative cable will always go in the negative terminal, when you are reconnecting them.
- Layer the terminals with anti-corrosion gel or petroleum jelly.
If you are the owner of a gas cart, do routinely maintenance as you do with your automobile. Provide your cart some fine-tuning at the beginning of every season. If your cart flunks to get started or dies, examine the spark plugs and wires. The outlets that supply golf cart sell tune-up kits for numerous models of gas-powered carts. Obey the directions of your repair guide.
- Uphold correct air pressure in the cart tires.
- A number of modern carts have tubeless tires.
- If you undergo a leaking or flat tube tire problem, utilize a rubber patching kit to mend the leak.
- If you own a tubeless tire, substitute it with the similar model.
- A certain number of golf cart tires, such as car ties are protected with lug nuts.
- Utilize a miniature floor jack to uplift the cart.
- Slacken the lug nuts before lifting the cart.
- Make definite to hamper the tires to keep the cart from rolling.
- Fissures found in plastic cart bodies can be mended with plastic repair adhesives, present at auto body supply stores.
- Splits in fiberglass structures can be fixed with the help of fiberglass repair kits.
A good number of carts are almost similar, but they aren’t totally alike. Always pay keen attention to the instructions that come with each cart.
- Always put on acid-proof goggles and gloves, when working with batteries and take off all jewelry.
- Try to work in a decent ventilated place and do not attempt to smoke in the vicinity.
- Do not utilize spray cleaners or solvents.
When you purchase a new drill press, a secondhand one or you are left with one from granddad, you must occasionally inspect its accuracy. If you’re left with a conventional, sharp tad, your press should sprint progressively, as well as it should drill new gaps. On the other hand there are mainly three matters that can stop highest functioning in your press: shaking, play plus vibrate or run-out.
Removing the Pulsation
• Shaking generally begins at a press’s energy method.
• If you feel tremor, expose the top protector, switch on the machine also observe if the pulleys run efficiently plus get rid of noise by the whining of the belt.
• If that doesn’t work smoothly, kill the power, remove the belt, plus observe its condition.
• Change the belt if it has bumps or cuts and is weak.
• Then, manually hand turn the pulleys to see if they have any flaws or else are out of set.
• Next, attempt retightening the pulley’s setscrew prior to replacing one that wobbles.
• If you find any kind of rumbles or growls when the pulleys are spinning, dirty or worn, you should change the bearings and indeed this will solve the problem.
Eliminating the Quill Side and Spindle End Play
The Quill Side Play
• A press can construct side play amid the peak molding as well as the quill.
• If you want to inspect for this, decrease the quill, then wobble it, not the chuck though, as of side to side to observe exactly how ample slack present is.
• There would be a screw locknut that will let you tight the splits collectively to take some of the play out, if the top molding is divided at the face.
• A remedy for side play is unlikely if your press has a hard top.
The Spindle End Play
• For the inspection of spindle end play, lock up the quill, as well as try to transfer the chuck up and down.
• If you come across end play, the loose is possibly amid the quill, plus the collar over the higher quill bearing.
• Loose the collar’s setscrew, plus slide the collar back to its first location to fix this problem.
• A plate will be on the face of the head to retrieve the collar, if you’re lucky enough.
• If you are not lucky enough the feed lever as well as the pinion will have to be detached alongside with releasing tension off the quill’s arrival spring.
• Let a professional do all the work if your machine’s instruction manual does not shield how to disband the spring gathering, so this procedure is somewhat tricky and dangerous.
More options: https://bestdrillpressguide.com/reviews/
Entirely all batteries, irrespective of their interaction, self-discharge. The amount of self-discharge hinges on in cooperation with the kind of battery besides the stowing temperature the batteries get open to. Nevertheless, for an upright guess, wet-flooded, deep-cycle batteries do self-discharge, roughly 4% each week on 80°F. Once charging lead-acid batteries, the heat must not surpass 120°F. At this time the battery ought to be removed from charge and permitted to cool off, in advance of restarting the charging procedure.
Lead Acid Batteries are Recyclable
- Lead acid batteries can be 100% recycled.
- Lead is the greatest reprocessed metal in the realm nowadays.
- The plastic cases and coverings of timeworn batteries are defused, reground and consumed in the production of fresh battery holders.
- The electrolyte could be treated for reprocessed surplus water usages. In certain circumstances, the electrolyte is cleansed and recycled and vended as battery quality electrolyte.
- In extra cases, the sulfate matter is separated the same as Ammonia Sulfate, then expended in manures.
- The dividers are frequently cast-off as fuel basis for the reusing course.
- Check trolling motor reviews
Recycle Timeworn Batteries
Long-standing batteries might be given back to the battery store, locomotive facility station, a battery producer or additional certified assortment centers for salvaging.
Upgrading the Machine’s Battery to a Fresher Chemistry
NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion befall every single basically dissimilar technology, besides cannot be replaced for some other, lest the machine has been pre-designed via the industrial unit to receive further than single sort of rechargeable battery. The variance amid them curtails from the element that every technology needs a dissimilar charging outline to be correctly recharged. Consequently, the handy machine’s charger should be appropriately shaped to conduct a certain category of rechargeable battery.
Jerk Start the Battery by Booster Cables
The instructions of remaining cautious in the presence of batteries are intended to diminish the eruption danger. Hold flickers, blazes and cigs far from batteries on all occasions. Both batteries had better be of equal voltage, 6, 12, etc.
Secure Booster Cable Process
When jerk starting, constantly put on suitable eye shields and under no circumstances incline towards the battery. Do not jerk start an impaired battery; scrutinize equally both batteries earlier than joining booster cables. Be surefire outlet plugs are fitted and even. Be certain that the automobiles are not contacting and that both start controls are in the off spot. Switch off each and every single electrical apparatus, such as lights, radio, windshield wipers, defroster, and so on.
The resulting moves should be monitored precisely.
1. Join positive (+) booster cable to positive (+) terminus of the discharged battery.
2. Join extra edge of positive (+) cable to positive (+) terminus of the secondary battery.
3. Join negative (-) cable to negative (-) terminus of the secondary battery.
4. Create last joining of negative (-) cable to engine mass of the held up automobile, far from carburetor and battery.
5. Make definite that cables are free of fan sharp edges, straps and additional stirring fragments of the two engines.
6. Start off the vehicle and do away with cables in opposite arrangement of the links.
You are my Arrows. ” Like Arrows in the hand of a warrior so are the children of your youth”. It’s 3am and I’m feeling very Thankful for my Family this morning. Lori You have been by my side for the last 40 years( I round off). You are Faithful, Wise and Beautiful. I would not have made it this far without you. I could say so many more good things about you(you’re a hard worker, honest and loving………) I would never have made it this far without you, Thank You.
Ralph, you are my First born. I am so Proud of you. You have been a Better Father then I was. you are a Hard working Man, Loving, funny, and caring. I Love you and miss you. Your family should be Proud of you. You Stand out among Fathers for being unselfish in life. You’ve cared for your family more than yourself.
Celeste, You are a Model woman for women around the World. God has given you a Testimony above most women. You are a Beautiful, Funny, intelligent, Caring Young woman and Strong because You’ve let God be you’re Strength. I rarely tell you but I love you and miss You.
Angel, You are a Strong, Strong Woman. You have a lot of your Mothers qualities(I know you’re learning much about yourself these days). I think you’re stronger then me but I just happen to be the dad). I Love you. I remember carrying you on my shoulders as we passed out tracts about Jesus. You’ve been helping me all your Life(my Arrow) you’ve helped me get my Hospice job. You were the Strong one when we came from Colorado(Broken and defeated). You kept going to church while we Stopped. You kept trying to get us back into church but we wouldn’t go. It took us longer. You remained Faithful to God and to your Family. I’m Proud of you. I Love you, Really I Do.
Carolee(my Tender Heart)
I want you to Love God like you do me and more. I know you have been through a lot in Life. The Enemy tried to steal you away from God But he can’t(he failed) because you’re Gods Woman. You have a testimony of Gods Faithfulness and Love. His ability to never give up on a person. You have all that in you. You hurt for the Lost and Lonely. God’s building in you and He’s giving/given You Great responsibilities. You are up to the Task. You have a lot of my qualities(and many of your Own). How I Love you my Curl and am so happy that you let God work in you and through you. You are a work in progress(all of us are but Wanted to remind you. I am proud of you. I love you.
My answer is a big YES.
If they come forward to ask for mercy and they want to marry? I will not only forgive them, I will marry them and blessed them so others can also come forward or would you rather they go to hell or live in condemnation?
Thank God, thank God for Jesus Christ, who has loved us. The Bible said in Romans, that while we were yet SINNERS Christ died for us.
Jesus Christ saved the woman caught in adultery and said to her go and sin no more, if she was caught in adultery, it means the man is married right? It should have been the man to be stoned and not the woman.
Anyway, Jesus didnt say I love you but you are on you own because you have been openly shamed. That is what this most pastors do, and many many hypocrite christians.
They want to wash their hands off you when you are shamed openly.
There are people in churches who are more guilty than those having sex before marriage.
I do not advocate fornication, adultery or any sexual imoralities but MOST CHRISTIANS ARE GUILTY OF FORNICATION AND ADULTERY. And God is still mercy.
I no the Bible says none who are gulty of these charges will enter into heaven. But while they are still here on earth, let us retify and put things straight so many people can enter into heaven.
The devil is a wicked lawyer, but we thank God for Jesus who is our advocate before our heavenly father.
Please dont allow people to die in their sins because of your pride and sending out messages that will confuse people.
Regardless of what you might think, many christians will continue to have children outside wedlocks
The Bible tells us that love covers the multitudes of sins. If you cast them away, who then will help? Certainly not the world. Church is a gateway as spiritual hospital and being treated we become perfect.
Just because am not commiting adultery or fornication doesnt give me any right to judge and condemn others. Loving people but allowing them to carry on in condemnation of their sins is not love. Sorry I disagree.
If you happen to be interested in a little bit of milling work to your own guns or weapons, you need not have loads of money to invest in a large workshop and an expensive drill press with costly appliances. For cutting front and rear sight dovetails, milling the rear of a slide or cutting out its front cocking grooves, you don’t require a heavy-duty floor stand milling machine. All you need to buy is a 12 Speed Drill/Mill machine and you are good to go. I didn’t have much with me so I purchased 42976-3VGA, which unluckily isn’t available any longer but don’t worry, this same drill comes in other similar models.
Description of 42976-3VGA
This Drill/Mill is a combination of drill press and vertical milling machine with a swivel head that is heavy duty enough. The head also lifts and drops on a row to alter for diverse dimensions of work hoard. Keep in mind that many multi- function mechanisms such as this execute each task more or less, but not reasonably as fine as a devoted apparatus.
- Before bringing in your drill press, you should have a workbench to mount your machine on it.
- You can go for a 4-drawer workbench with pegboard back.
- Ensure that the bench top is made of fiberboard.
- Fiberboard has a tendency to soften when it gets damp, and milling requires using cutting oil, so laminate the top and edges.
- Carbide-tipped laminate trimmings will really make the job easy and professional.
Unpacking and Mounting
- This drill press arrives in a wooden box and takes about 30 minutes to unpack.
- The machine is liberally coated with Rust Preventing Oil, i.e. RPO, so it has to be cleaned first. You will need some good machinery cleaner and paper towels to clean it.
- Now, comes the lifting part where you’ll require the services of at least 2-3 people to carry it towards your workbench, as it is quite heavy.
- The machine comes with a tray for holding chips and oil. It has 4 holes for the fitting screws, so I used it as a model to drill holes in the workbench top.
- To inhibit the tray from budging while placing the machine, drill 2 holes on both sides of the tray for an 8 wood bolt.
Instructions for Operating
- There are dissimilar kinds of tapers and this machine has a Morris 2 (M2) taper. The 3-jaw chuck and taper must be mounted by swiftly putting the assembly in position in the spindle. It must not be connected with the draw bar.
- The chuck is intended for drilling, not milling, and the sliding compression of the drilling act clamps the taper in point.
- To take out the taper, bring down the spindle till the drill drift notch is evident, inset the drill drift and knock it with a hammer.
- The chuck and taper compilation should fall in your hand after merely a reasonable blow on the drill drift.
- Milling bits should be connected to the spindle using a collet. A collet is a split cone with a hole in the mid to take a milling bit.
- The angle of the cone equals the taper in the spindle.
- The back of the collet is looped to take the draw bar.
- The collet is fastened on the draw bar, the shank of the bit is implanted into the end of the collet, and the whole compilation is enclosed into the spindle.
- A nut and washer is at that time fixed to the topmost of the draw bar. Once this nut is moderately tightened up it pulls the collet higher into the taper, which clasps the fingers of the collet to grip the bit firmly in position.
- The draw bar ought to be well-fitting, not close-fitting, so as slackening the nut and hitting the top with a mallet can effortlessly detach it.
Regardless of whatever the so called specialists utter, you can execute guns work through a bench-top milling machine. The appliance must be hefty and steady enough to achieve the accurate work essential for weapons. Likewise, you require having the suitable gauging gears to guarantee your work is accurately aligned, and when compulsory, transfers an exact expanse. There’s not anything like the fulfillment of undertaking a work yourself, and performing it soundly.